by Justyne Schnupp, Committee for Green Foothills
Love Coyote Valley? We do too.
This regional treasure brings so much value to San Jose making it irreplaceable. It offers wetlands that buffer against flooding, an essential wildlife habitat and migratory area, active farmlands, and open space for all of us to enjoy. Unfortunately, it’s been threatened by development for decades.
It’s time to speak up for Coyote Valley and help us protect it. Sign-up here!
We are building a community of Coyote Valley supporters who can volunteer and help us inform nearby residents about what’s at stake. Sign up and join us for door-to-door canvassing if this sounds like you:
- You are passionate about Coyote Valley or open space in Santa Clara County.
- You concerned about development plans for Coyote Valley.
- You looking are looking for meaningful environmental work or looking to give back to the environment.
- You enjoy conversation and take pride in a representing a local place.
- You are willing to canvass door to door within a residential setting on weekend mornings.
If you can say yes to any of these, we need your support.
Don’t worry if you’ve never done it before!
A briefing and training will take place before we begin. T-shirts, caps, and materials refreshments will be provided.
Door-to-door canvassing dates:
Put your best foot forward and join us for door to door canvassing in Coyote Valley.Instructions for the volunteer opportunity and meeting location will be emailed one week before the event.
About Protect Coyote Valley
The Protect Coyote Valley campaign is led by Committee for Green Foothills and supported by Greenbelt Alliance, Keep Coyote Creek Beautiful, Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society, Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter, and SAGE — Sustainable Agriculture Education. It aims to preserve Coyote Valley, San Jose as open space that offers flood-buffering wetlands, an essential wildlife habitat and migratory area, and active farmlands.